Friday, August 12, 2011

Nice Body … of Water!


I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours.
What feats took place upon these shores?

These sandy banks hold great potential!
(Or so I’ve been told, in tones confidential.)

Perhaps pirates alighted here long ago.
(I’m guessing. I don’t really know.)

Maybe people gathered for good drinks and good eats?
There may not have been feats, but there surely were “feets.”

It’s possible, too, that children danced and played,
And oohed and aahed at the sand “art” they made.

I’ll say it again, I’m just not sure.
Keep in mind, these are just my “musings du jour.”

When I find out, however, I’ll not be complacent,
But instead share my treasure – my wisdom nascent.

Right now the answer seems just out of reach.
I’ll check more tomorrow. I’m off to the beach.



1 comment:

  1. What an awesome take on this weeks theme. There was a good beat to your poetry too. Love Love LOVE this :) Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete