Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You look the same from the ankles down...

Yeehaw! I just got back from a week's vacation in Nashville, TN and man, was it fun!
Gary and I took in live music performances EVERY DAY. It's amazing -- you can walk down the street in downtown Nashville at noon and pop in almost anywhere and catch someone playing something.
So. Much. Fun.
We stayed at the Wyndham Nashville -- a timeshare that is a hop, skip and a jump from the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, which, in and of itself is a marvel and completely over the top, not unlike some of the performers' outfits, guitars, etc. 
So, speaking of performances, every Sunday the Wyndham hosts a welcome party. Guests are bused to the party, which features ... live music! And dancing and more.
During one number a group of guests and staff got up and started doing The Electric Slide. I know it, but not well. I figure if I want to pick up the steps, I'd do well to watch a dancer's feet.  So I watched a man who was  wearing black boots like these:
Cut to the evening is over and we're on the bus on the way back. A guy wearing black boots gets on and another guy says to him, "You danced very well." I proceed to gush to Mr. Black Boots how I've found it very instructive to watch him during The Electric Slide and I'm most impressed with his movements. To which he says, "But I didn't dance."
But you're wearing black boots... .
Hey! Wait just a gol durned minute! Ya think it's possible that maybe more than one guy had black boots on? Ya think?
So, blushing, I say to Mr. Mistaken Identity, "Well, I was watching the guy's feet and you look the same from the ankles down!"
Way to save face, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment