Sunday, April 3, 2011

It loses something in translation...

It probably goes without saying, seeing as how I am a Weight Watcher, that I love food. However, I've known Weight Watchers who were less than gastronomically adventurous. I'm not one of them. I once came close to eating sealing wax... What can I say? It looked like papaya...
So, today Gary and I went to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Note the pictures on the left ...


Afterward we had lunch not far from Chinatown at Kushi Izakaya & Sushi. In a word: awesome!
Before heading home, being in an Asian-inspired frame of mind, we made a pilgrimage to my favorite ethnic "grocery" (I use that term loosely...).  I like to get ginger candy there, but today I was up for a new adventure. So I decided to buy something labeled "Dried plum."
Again, please note the picture. Reasonable enough, no? It's dried plums. Are they sweet? Are they savory? Noone's really sure, but I'm gonna go with the notion that people have eaten them before and lived to tell the tale, so why not me, eh? 
Just out of curiosity though, lemme see what the ingredients are... (See picture below.)
Not. So. Helpful.
Anyone wanna take a shot at what the "etc." might include? And, just in case you not confused enough, please note the amount of protein per serving. If you can't read it, it says, "Less than 6g." Thanks for clearing that up. 
I feel myself channeling George Carlin... "Could be meat, could be cake... It's...meatcake!"
Could be zero grams of protein, could be 5.9? Hmmm.
For the sake of Weight Watchers Points Plus, I'm gonna go with the ingredient given as "etc." is some magic protein which brings the total grams of protein per serving to 5.9. Note, it's under six grams...
Perhaps something got lost in the translation?

No comments:

Post a Comment